2015 The Funk Estate Syrah
Walla Walla Valley
Funk Estate Vineyard located in The Rocks District of Milton-Freewater. Mostly basalt pebbles, cobbles and boulders washed from the Blue Mountains.
Partial whole cluster and partially destemmed Syrah, co-fermented with 5% whole cluster Viognier.
17 months in French oak barrels, 25% new
The 2015 vintage produced another stellar example of a classic expression from The Rocks. This vintage of The Funk offers dynamic aromas of espresso, blackberry, game meats, cedar spice, black licorice, and prosciutto. Flavors of dark chocolate, black fruits, leather, and tar are complemented by a pleasing salinity. Smooth, with a distinctly mineral texture and vibrant, well-balanced acidity, this is another striking creation from our unique Rocks District vineyard.
95 Points | Robert Parker Wine Advocate
The Rocks District Allocation List
- The Rocks District wines are released in February of each year.
- Members of the Saviah Cellars Wine Club will receive their applicable wine club discount on The Rocks List wine allocation.
- Choose to receive six (6) or twelve (12) bottles annually of our limited-production wines from The Rocks District of Milton-Freewater AVA. The allocation will include The Funk Estate Syrah, as well as other highly sought-after wines from The Rocks District.
- Due to the high demand for wines from The Rocks District, there is currently a waiting list. To be added to the wait list, send us an email to let us know you are interested: Add me to the Wait List.
- When an allocation becomes available, you will be notified by email.